Saturday 3 July 2010

The penultimate day...

... and it looks like a sunny one. We have had extraordinary luck with the weather this year, and that means we should finish on schedule, and be out of here by lunch time on Monday.

Today all eyes will be on Centre Court for the Ladies' final, and I have a feeling that Serena will add another trophy to her collection. I am going to see if I can get on court to shoot that match (highly unlikely), and failing that, get on to No.1 to shoot the Juniors match. Would be nice to do, even though No.1 is a less satisfying court from a photographer's perspective. The backgrounds are far more messy than on Centre, and the crowd will be decidely thinner I am sure. Nevertheless, always nice to sit in the pit and get some shots on one of the two prime courts here.

Yesterday I did a swift recce of the hill whilst the Nadal/Murray match was in full swing. The hill was very busy indeed, and below there are a few shots of some of the people on it. There are also some photos of elsewhere on the grounds, and a couple of random tennis picutres that I forgot to add to a post the other day.



































I am betting that the girl with the Rafa flag, and the woman with the impossibly mirrored glasses will be in several of the papers today as the photographers were all shooting them as if their lives depended on it. It would have been rude not to join in!

This weekend is usually the point where I feel briefly happy to be heading home soon. I say briefly as come Monday morning I will be sad that it is all over for another year, and I will go back to far more mundane and humdrum projects. So, I had better get back out there and make the most of it while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment