Tuesday 29 June 2010

Another hectic day...

... some of it spent preparing photos from the photographers around the grounds. This year we have a revised set up, with a few of the photographers sending their photos wirelessly straight back to us. This has meant we can have photos from a match ready for the writers in a couple of minutes. Literally. It's a great improvement over the system we have used in previous years which would involve me and Rob sifting through maybe fifteen hundred images in a day to source the hundred or so that would be published to the site. It's as instant as you can get, short of the photographers publishing the images direct from the cameras.

I took more photos yesterday, another blisteringly hot day. I felt very tired, yet buoyed by the opportunity to get out in the open and capture more of the goings on around the grounds. I ended up overlooking Court 18 again, taking a few snaps of a doubles match. I also spent a few minutes at the foot of the hill to check out some of the characters in front of the giant screen. Here are some of the shots (the last three are taken through a gap in the shuttered screens that run alongside many of the courts here)...





































































Rain threatened to spoil today, but thankfully it held off after the initial cloud burst (before we left our rented house for work). Photos from the pros were fewer and further between during the day, so I was able to stretch my legs and find some more things to point my lenses at. I will process them tonight and post them tomorrow.

On a side note, my colleague Wibmbledon Blogger has been off ill today. I for one wish him a speedy recovery, as this blog is far more compelling with his input!

No comments:

Post a Comment